We saw this an article online today (link below) which breaks down some ideas to think about when contemplating summer camp. They make some solid points and it is a quick read for those of you who are having trouble pulling the trigger and making a camp decision. How to Give Children Their Best Possible Summer Camp Experience
I would add that camps (especially ours):
- increase self confidence among participants.
- increase self esteem.
- provide an escape from 24 hour a day social media - campers do not worry about. what is going on at home when they are engaged and having fun at camp.
- add some structure to the summer as opposed to kids wasting away the days.
- provide an outlet for energy and creativity.
- allow campers to step out of their comfort zone and grow as an individual and as a team player.
Most of all, camps are just pure, 100% fun.